I'm happy to report that Roxy is doing very well post-surgery. The hot packing is paying off; the incision is healing nicely and the drains were removed Tuesday. She's off all pain meds, and just now receiving her antibiotic (Clavamox) twice daily for the next day or so. She's eating and drinking water, and seems to be in good spirits. Although, as even the vet said: "She would never complain about anything or put up a fuss; she is such a good kitty!"
Unfortunately, the pathology report has been delayed until Friday. They've advised they need to do some additional tests. So, we're waiting patiently [sigh] and definitely keeping positive thoughts for a full recovery. The fact of the matter is that she has not been definitively diagnosed yet. The suspected diagnosis of feline VAS was based solely upon the opinion of both the surgeon and my regular vet in the absence of actual pathology. The best case scenario is that, somehow, it isn't cancer. The second best scenario is that, if it is cancer, they were able to remove it all and her blood work shows no metastasis. We're not even thinking about any worst case scenarios!
Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers. Please continue to keep Roxy in your prayers and keep spreading the news about feline VAS. Regardless of what Roxy's diagnosis is, this problem is very real and will only be mitigated through greater awareness.